Author Topic: The Secret World - Crafting  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Kalin

• Forum Destroyer
  • Administrator
  • Build it up, tear it down
    • View Profile
    • Media Lounge

Offline mkilczewski

• Star Wars... BioWare... What the hell happened?
  • He's no good to me, dead...
    • View Profile
Re: The Secret World - Crafting
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 03:05:33 PM »
You wouldn't think you could improve the hammer, after over two thousand years. Pretty basic tool. Oh wait, "Fierce Hammer" is just Danish for double bladed axe. Looks like you can add Notch to the long list of plagerism going on in The Secret World.

Maybe when it goes F2P, maybe...
All this happened... more, or less.

Offline Kalin

• Forum Destroyer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Media Lounge
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 10:53:33 AM »
Notch as officially complained less then you have.

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:41:31 PM »
Alright, I'm sorry. The game just seems really, really, bad. Silly, busywork, bad. Rather than make an axe out of a sledgehammer, can't you just go to the local Home Depot, and charge a brand, spankin', shiny, new, double bladed axe on the secret society's business account?

Instead of trying to re-invent the hammer, might I suggest,

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=612081

Hammer time!       (HT)     (LOL)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:59:04 PM by mkilczewski »

Offline Mavairo

• Passion Incarnate
  • Officer
  • Did someone call for firepower?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 04:12:20 PM »
You mean the game that just broke FAW, (again, after breaking it 5 times before) has half of the skill tree literally not function correctly, broken pvp challenge ques (again), and lockboxes which make better ships, than the ships you are supposed to spend "months" ginding for, in addition to shelling out 2k Zen points for?

:P

Maybe you should stick with your "hawt rp" buddies at drozana ;)  let the actual gamers worry about real games.

Offline Kalin

• Forum Destroyer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Media Lounge
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 07:40:03 PM »
Alright, I'm sorry. The game just seems really, really, bad. Silly, busywork, bad. Rather than make an axe out of a sledgehammer, can't you just go to the local Home Depot, and charge a brand, spankin', shiny, new, double bladed axe on the secret society's business account?

You're right, I should just come back to STO and play a game that has been universally panned as opposed to game that has been universally praised.  Good point.

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 07:37:57 AM »
You mean the game that just broke FAW, (again, after breaking it 5 times before) has half of the skill tree literally not function correctly, broken pvp challenge ques (again), and lockboxes which make better ships, than the ships you are supposed to spend "months" ginding for, in addition to shelling out 2k Zen points for?

:P

Maybe you should stick with your "hawt rp" buddies at drozana ;)  let the actual gamers worry about real games.

Alright Mav, what's the bee in your bonnet this time? 2 Days ago you warmly, praised Cryptic for finally "getting it right", (I've never done that) and now here you are all bent out of shape again about FAW. Bit of insight for all you true, "gamers" out there. The biggest reason why junk keeps "breaking", is because of Cryptic's ongoing need to balance everything for people like you, who continously, cry foul, when they get the short end of the stick. Life's not fair kid, get over it, that's just how it is. People are always gonna find ways to beat the system. Bottom line is right now STO is the best thing going for a space combat SciFi MMO, hands down. And you know that, that's why you continously return over, and over again. Like I said, you're the guy who shows up for a free meal, says the food sucks, but he's back in line the next day. So, ask yourself the question, "Why am I back in line, again?" With all due respect, if you want to spend your time building sledgehammers, then hey, that's your bag. Me, I rather be building starbases!    :)

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 07:53:34 AM »

You're right, I should just come back to STO and play a game that has been universally panned as opposed to game that has been universally praised.  Good point.

Depends on how much weight you put in other's opinions, and how big your definition of "universal" is. You should play whatever game gives you the most enjoyment. Quit being so serious. Me putting up an STO video, is no more, or less spurious, than you putting up multiple Secret World videos. I will say though, for a game that seems to be so universally praised, it does seem to be a hard sell, at least here, on these forums. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but are you the only one subbing?

Offline Kalin

• Forum Destroyer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Media Lounge
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 10:31:06 AM »
I am, and if you don't want to play it don't. It's not for everyone and it appeals to a small demographic which I fully understand. 

I will say again though that when I post the videos (1 from IGN) and when I make posts on the forums not only members here read them. That's the same with all of the posts or articles.  There are people out there that are interested in my opinion and bug me when I don't update the site or post for awhile, whether they come from Facebook (Medialounge page readers) or twitter where every post brings in about 100 visitors to this site.  So am I advertising The Secret World to you?  No, but I am giving my opinion to those who want it, you yourself asked about it awhile back.  If you're not interested in my opinion you don't have to read about it.  Or if you're just going to fundementally disagree with whatever I write which you tend to, you don't have to reply.  I'll take as you disagree.  Fairly common.

Offline Mavairo

• Passion Incarnate
  • Officer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 02:01:35 PM »

Alright Mav, what's the bee in your bonnet this time? 2 Days ago you warmly, praised Cryptic for finally "getting it right", (I've never done that) and now here you are all bent out of shape again about FAW. Bit of insight for all you true, "gamers" out there. The biggest reason why junk keeps "breaking", is because of Cryptic's ongoing need to balance everything for people like you, who continously, cry foul, when they get the short end of the stick. Life's not fair kid, get over it, that's just how it is. People are always gonna find ways to beat the system. Bottom line is right now STO is the best thing going for a space combat SciFi MMO, hands down. And you know that, that's why you continously return over, and over again. Like I said, you're the guy who shows up for a free meal, says the food sucks, but he's back in line the next day. So, ask yourself the question, "Why am I back in line, again?" With all due respect, if you want to spend your time building sledgehammers, then hey, that's your bag. Me, I rather be building starbases!    :)

Look, I understand you have special needs, and thus is the only reason you could possibly blindly defend cryptic, every damn time, even when you know jack and shit about the game.
Tell you what, you think you're hot shit son. Lets Duel.. I will beat you so bad they'll feel it in TNG.

I hate to tell you this you lil facerolling rper, but they didn't actually intentionally change FAW, or break the Challenge Ques. This is the routine, every time cryptic launches a new season. Stuff Breaks that they allegedly did not touch in any shape or form. So lil faceroller Go Fuck Yourself With a Pineapple. Your Game mechanics knowledge couldn't fill my right pinky toe nail. Let alone hope to compare to mine.  When our guild was trouncing the ques, and every team we squared off against with literally Two Exceptions, where were you? Rping at Drozana. When we rebuilt the guild, and we went charging into Tournament, where were you? Rping or probably thinking your brand new crafted gear was The Shit, when it had the second worst overall modifier combination in the game.

Cryptic Did Not Do Any Intentional Tweaks to the system this time. Simalarly, FAW gets this Every Time a new season comes out then it takes them four months to fix it only to break again when they recycle the code from tribble.  I hate to tell you this bitch, but me>>>>>>>>>>>>>you. And it will always be that way. You couldn't find your way off the respawn point long enough to scream "MY ASS OMG MY ASS, when I put my torps in one side of your ship and out the other.   The skills that literally Do not Function on the skill tree, have been that way ever since the skill tree was redone. And it's clearly not intended, because according to Captain Moron Himself, "they are great counters to the skills they are tied to!". The problem is, I know more about the game than you, Gecko, and the entire cryptic dev team. Most of the pvpers do as well. We can catch them in either a lie, or in their out right denial of reality. Tell you what, I bet you don't even actually know what cryptic has changed or broken (on accident while doing something else) over the last two years. Name something, without looking at the patch notes or my previous posts. I'll wait.

As far as my praise for Cryptic goes? Comparatively speaking? They did something Right. I didn't say "perfect job 11112fjkmvv d" They got the new pve missions correct, they designed proper instances for starbase missions. That One thing, having proper instanced content that actually requires Group Play to be successful without pitiful gimmicks like One Shot Your Ship Borg or Remodulators, is the first real Positive Step STO has taken since the dawn of Season2. I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge that they did actually infact do Something Right for a change.

It's a pity though, that The Cryptic has stepped in yet again and pissed on the new content by taking away any reason to grind the missions to get your Fleet Ships (which is the only thing that matters from your starbase), by putting the Fleet Assault Cruiser, and Starcruiser (and likely the Fleet Vorcha) as well into Lockboxes and removed them from the fleet shipyard. Probably because of a combination of whining from the Jim Kirk Wannabes likeyourself that they -have- to play with other people and cooperate with their guildmates to get new ships, and the big temptation to earn a quick dollar, on lock box spam.

Also, frankly the only reason I'm here has nothing to do with STO, or at least certainly not anything the devs ever cared about. Like, my friends, and the -basic- pvp aspect. Now I know being social is something you can't possibly comprehend but there it is.  And for that matter my time in STO might be drawing to a close, if they do decide to go with the stupid Lock Box the former Fleet Ships idea. I'll be done, and then you can go be happy in your facerolling rpland.
when I left the last time, I was gone completely for months and had been working on getting away. I've left before and I only came back because "hey some of my buddies are still there, and it's not costing me $ to talk with them anymore" Now? Even that incentive is almost gone, and any good will cryptic has earned is being rapidly pissed away with what's coming down the pipe.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:13:24 PM by Mavairo »

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 05:24:42 PM »
Whoopsy daisy, looks like I hit a major nerve, there. Take a deep breath. Jeez, my 2 year old nephew doesn't even unload on me that bad when I change Caiyou to football shows. Gonna have to break this wall of text down with the brush to get it to flush, brother!  (LOL)

Firstly, WTF happened to you at Drozana station, dude? Obviously, it's a place of great evil to you, as I, being your chief nemesis, apparently reside there. Nevermind, it's not that important.

I, respectfully, decline your challenge.  Furthermore, I humbly, concede to your vastly, superior, keybinding/number crunching skills. As far as your Game Mechanics knowlege goes, you win there as well. Matter of fact, not sure what you do for work, but, maybe you should try game design, you seem to be a sharp guy with all the answers. You might even be the savant, that reinvents the MMO. Tracking things like nerfs and tweaks, what's broken, what's not, isn't important enough for me to pay attention to. No sense screwing yourself into the ceiling over something you can't change. Maybe that's why you're so unhappy. I believe it's called "not seeing the forest for the trees?" So to coin a phrase from the time you sought to engage me in an auto mechanics debate, it's a videogame, "I just play em' man."

As far as roleplaying goes, who has referenced, on this very forum, his "miniatures", his "tabletop campaigns", and D+D not being what it used to be. Yea, that's what I thought. How many dice do you own that ain't cube shaped? Me, honestly? Not a one. Gary Gygax was still making modules the last time I roleplayed. Looks like you got hoisted by your own petard on this one, champ.

My social life? Honestly, I have more friends than I need. I'm talking about the real flesh and blood kind here too, not what the counter says on your Facebook page. People that you ask once and they reply "Sure I'll take care of it". Why? Because I'm a swell guy. I do stuff for them, they do stuff for me, two way road. Except for two, all my friends scoff at my fondness for videogames, it's not their bag. Curiously, Facebook, ain't their bag, either. (Swing and a miss!)

By way of comparison, you, when asked "Gee Aaron, if the game is such a kick in the nuts to you, why do you keep playing?" By your own admission, you reply "Well, I go back so I can talk to my friends that are still playing". Oh, O.K. That's akin to sayin' "My friends talk to me, but only if I let em' kick me in the nuts first" Pick up the phone, dude, reach out and touch someone, the old fashioned way! Find a nice girl, introduce yourself, take her out on a date in your 30 year old, used, sports car! Live life, kid. They're just videogames!

You weren't gone for 4 months, either. Maybe in D+D time (Indulge me here, not sure what your "campaigns" are) it seemed that long, but not really. I'm still on your friends list ingame, and very much aware of when you're logged in. (Threeeee! Grab some wood, son)

So... Yup, thats it, then. I'm gonna close with a prediction. The STO servers will shut down, before you, truly, walk away. It's been a pleasure, and... you have a wonderful evening.   (VV)

Offline Mavairo

• Passion Incarnate
  • Officer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
Rping on a table top is one thing. That's what table top gaming is meant for. Rping in a video game is just fucklulz.
What forest? In STO's case its a desert loaded with tumbleweeds of varying shapes and sizes. If you have any sense of competitive game play in you, you learn the tricks and trade of what is and isn't workable. Much like if you are going to get serious with your car, or computer you learn what to do and what not to do to make the experience not only enjoyable, but how to optimize your time while engaged in the activity. I'm an optimizer. I get almost as much fun from the challenge of breaking something down into it's basic components as I do enjoying the final result.  STO has long since past the point of me having to -learn- anything.  It's just put my face on the board roll it around and watch everyone die. Horribly. And frankly I have to question, just what the fuck it is you do in STO if it's not pvp, it's not stfs. What do you stare at your bridge officers all day? After all allegedly you don't RP.  I know you sure as fuck don't pvp.

As far as being swell goes, I really doubt it considering you handle yourself to be a total Ass on this forum. While I'm a Dick. At least I admit to it.
Maybe you should get some more friends with common interests then, so you aren't alone all the time when you play games online.

Also, my online buddies (and a couple of real life ones) aren't the ones trying to drive us out of the game every chance they get by almost criminal incompetence. It's a convenient meeting point for us, and a way to kill time. (zomg imagine that, people socializing without having to hit up a bar every 30 minutes!)

See the thing is I do have a life outside of gaming. Thing is, most of my buddies have a work schedule that's even worse than mine and there's only a handful of days of the week we can all get together.  You on the other hand? You're life consists of trolling a forum that hardly anyone pays attention to, because the people are growing more dissatisfied with your star trek dress up doll game.

4 months is actually a pretty long time, for someone with a Life. stuff happens in 4 months. If you're actually living a life and not playacting at one.

It won't take much for me to go away. Just ask Blizzard.

Also your Math sucks. 30 is not 23. It's actually quite abit less than 23. And my "used sports car" (said with the air of a mouthbreathing retard that thinks his camry is cool) is better than anything you'll ever drive. And for the record, it's great for taking the girlfriend out with.

You just threw three balls and no strikes pitcher. I suggest laser surgery on your eyes to fix the problem.

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 08:46:46 AM »
Roleplaying, tabletop gaming, it doesn't matter, it's all dork junk, champ!  (LOL) Look at the a**hole callin' the toilet paper s****y! You're a grown man who still plays with army men. If you feel the need to justify what you do as being "cool roleplay", then that's your bag, man. Any of us on the outside looking in don't see it that way, at all, and frankly, it makes you sound like an elitist turd. So, yes, I concur, you are, by your own admission, a big, turgid, swollen, dick! A dick, so hard up on himself, that he can't even take a piss! You can't even present your case without swearing and immediately devolving to personal attacks! Look at yourself, son!

I don't PvP because I'm too competitive. As I stated previously, you're better at PvP than I. You should be. You spend more time than me analyzing the game, proficiency is the wages of that time spent. Same way an Olympic swimmer, can swim better than I can. So if the point of a competition is to win, why would I choose to compete at something that I'm at a disadvantage in? Especially a videogame? It's not like there's any cash prizes. A Chinese General named Sun Tzu once said  only fight when you have the advantage, on your terms, when the enemy has the advantage, get small. He wrote a book on competition, you should read it if you get the chance.

I like playing alone. That's why I do it. Escapism. Decompression. I feel it helps me be a better person. Friends with common interests are good, friends with diversified interests are better. Expands one's horizons beyond D+D and videogames.

Driving you away with "Criminal Incompetence". Oh boy, and the hits keep coming. It's a videogame! It's not real! Whether you win, or lose, in PvP or whatever, the sun will rise tomorrow! And unfortunately it's an MMO. Which means that, yes, even you, the coolest, most serious, competent, roleplaying, videogaming, army men playing, soul, to ever grace planet Earth, has to put up with the myriad, rainbow, that is the human race.

You're right. 30 is different from 23. Sorry, I forgot, in your world that lucky 7 is all the difference between a what, fuklulz, and a faceroller, right? What I mean is you're the fool who brags about dumping money into a used up, old and busted, machine, that's only gonna decrease in value the longer you have it, yet that's somehow better than those sorry fools out there that are driving a brand new Toyota! (incidently, if you're wondering this was a purely bait topic, and you not only bit, you swallowed the hook!)

Camry? Incorrect, once again. F-150, 2011 Raptor edition. Didn't buy the truck, I bought the warranty. Anything goes wrong, Ford fixes it, free of charge. My wife owned a corolla once, though, back in the eighties, which if I'm not mistaken, was a far better automobile, than any of the junk GM was flooding the market with at the time. At least by any of the major automobile periodicals of the time. Yup, GM's woes started with the Citation and continue through to this day. They've gotten a little bit better, not much, though. Anyhow, more to the point, I have to say you're easier to play than a busted, harmonica. Have any of your friends ever told you that it doesn't take much to get you to assume incorrect facts about people you don't know. And then open your mouth or a chat window, and voice those incorrect assumptions? Specifically, the Camry thing. I would have told you what I drive if you asked me, but it's almost like you have distinct patterns of black and white hardwired to your brain. When someone questions the validity of anything you say, you automatically assume that person is part of whatever the worst thing in that topic is for you. It's actually,... amusing. Who knew pulling strings could be so easy. How's that proverb go? It's better to let people assume you're ignorant, than to open your mouth (or text window!) and remove all doubt. All right I gotta leave cartoonland, and get to work. Fly low, beat the radar, and may the wind at your back always be your own, kid!
 (pwnd)