Author Topic: Ferengi Marauder!  (Read 2846 times)

Offline mkilczewski

• Star Wars... BioWare... What the hell happened?
  • He's no good to me, dead...
    • View Profile
Ferengi Marauder!
« on: April 17, 2012, 07:33:29 PM »
Finally! Woohoo!
All this happened... more, or less.

Offline Naevius

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ferengi Marauder!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »
Dare I ask how many boxes you opened?

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 06:56:47 PM »
I wanna say less than 20. 16 or 18 I think. Of course now I need 600 lobi monies for the ferengi set. Soon as I unpacked it, some gold farmer sent an automated email offering me 10,000,000 for it.

Offline glenn

• Global Moderator
  • Initiated Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »
so you wasted that much money to open 20 boxes. I really hope it was worth it and you enjoy your new ship.

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 07:32:15 PM »
Like 40 bucks. I drink that much on a weekend. Plus I made over 3,000,000 ECs sellin' off the junk I didn't want. You can get some pretty decent purple neutrino deflectors, if that's your bag. Anyway, I opened like 14 boxes, then opened a ticket sayin' I was tired of opening boxes and not getting a ship. I said I was an active career officer with 9 toons, and was tired of watching f2p Johnny-come-latelies get the ships, and they should give me the ship too. Tannzenar wrote back sayin' there was no way to give me the ship, and apologized for any inconvenience this might cause. I wrote back that I would be unsubbing my account then, and apologized for any inconvenience that might cause. 2 boxes later, I pulled the ship. It's got a dabo table, complete with Leeta, and a Ferengi duty officer guy. It's pretty sweet.

Offline Mavairo

• Passion Incarnate
  • Officer
  • Did someone call for firepower?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 11:33:46 PM »
40 dollars and I can buy a new RPG book.

I can buy warhammer 40k stuff for my collection and have physical objects I can assemble, paint and customize to my heart's content.

40 dollars got me, the performance airfoil for my corvette which enabled another 14 horse power, and 2 mpgs which means I'll be making the money invested back in short order.

40 dollars, can almost get you Mass Effect 3, which is a far superior game and you'll definitely get the hours of playtime out of.

That's a horrible waste of 40 dollars... just send me the $ next time  I can spend it in a better place.

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 03:38:26 PM »
Oh, oh, looks like I hit another nerve. 40 bucks? For a D+D book? Surely you can get that junk cheaper on Ebay. As for the Warhammer guys, if that's your bag, have at it. 40 bucks for toy soldiers is no more ridiculous, than 40 bucks for videogames as far as I'm concerned. If you're single, you just have to account for the bachelor factor. You can hide videogames, whereas if a chic sees your space marine army, you probably won't be hittin' her in the shorts. Airfoils that add horsepower? Sorry to say, that's just a gimmick your airfoil guy told you. At normal, atmospheric pressure, and temperature, torque is torque, an immutable law of physics. As for the fuel economy, well if you're really trying to economize your experience at the pump, a 30 year old corvette is probably not a good choice. Mass Effect 3 was a vastly inferior game to ME2 with a horrible, horrible, ending, and is yet further proof that all EA/BioWare cares about now is pumping people for the DLC to the crapware they continue to release as games. 40 bucks is probably what they plan on charging people for the revised ending DLC to ME3, that they're working on now, after the "finished" game has already released. Besides, if I had just given you the 40 bucks to spend in a "better place", then I wouldn't be able to play Dabo from the comfort of my ship. I'd have to go to DS9, or Drozana, with all the other sweaty, unwashed, masses.

;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:00:55 PM by mkilczewski »

Offline Mavairo

• Passion Incarnate
  • Officer
  • Did someone call for firepower?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 10:43:36 AM »
Oh, oh, looks like I hit another nerve. 40 bucks? For a D+D book? Surely you can get that junk cheaper on Ebay. As for the Warhammer guys, if that's your bag, have at it. 40 bucks for toy soldiers is no more ridiculous, than 40 bucks for videogames as far as I'm concerned. If you're single, you just have to account for the bachelor factor. You can hide videogames, whereas if a chic sees your space marine army, you probably won't be hittin' her in the shorts. Airfoils that add horsepower? Sorry to say, that's just a gimmick your airfoil guy told you. At normal, atmospheric pressure, and temperature, torque is torque, an immutable law of physics. As for the fuel economy, well if you're really trying to economize your experience at the pump, a 30 year old corvette is probably not a good choice. Mass Effect 3 was a vastly inferior game to ME2 with a horrible, horrible, ending, and is yet further proof that all EA/BioWare cares about now is pumping people for the DLC to the crapware they continue to release as games. 40 bucks is probably what they plan on charging people for the revised ending DLC to ME3, that they're working on now, after the "finished" game has already released. Besides, if I had just given you the 40 bucks to spend in a "better place", then I wouldn't be able to play Dabo from the comfort of my ship. I'd have to go to DS9, or Drozana, with all the other sweaty, unwashed, masses.

;)

Who said anythign about D&D? D&D is budweiser. It's only good for people that haven't had real booze yet.
Wanna bet? Shows that you're good with the hands. :P
Actually the airfoil does increase power and torque, due to the way the factory throttle body was designed it hits the center point between the throttle body blades, which causes turbulence in the airstream and then flows in.  The problem is, it hits a flat surface (Which is VERY BAD), and then richochets.

I didn't say Tornado.. I said airfoil total world of difference there. If you look at a modern sports car's throttlebody (assuming it has a twin blade setup) you'll find an airfoil already there to keep the air flowing into the engine smoothly. As the tune port injection was one of the earlier FI setups, it did not have this airfoil. Actually in general car intakes are pretty crappy with their air induction systems, they put all kinds of silencers on that increase turbulence and decrease airflow in the name of "keeping the car quiet" and or lazy engineering. That's why a cold air induction package works. It gets more air into the engine more smoothly. It's also the same reason that Superchargers and Turbochargers work, they force more air into the engine to create more power and efficiency. Unless of course you want to claim that more air never equals more ponies. In which case the entire horse power community even the ricers will slap you one in the face with their genitals and laugh :P

Also I know you didn't know this because you at best know some guy with a civic, but one of the first things you generally do when installing an intake manifold is to shave the corners, on the ports to round out the corners. This is good for about 20 ponies or so even on an aftermarket manifold, because air hates 90 degree angles. When you install turbos? Guess what they tell you to do? Avoid 90 degree angles. Same reason why the airfoil works. It smooths out the airflow.

Now a tornado which is obviously what you are thinking of is a stupid add on that actually -decreases- performance because it increases turbulence in the induction system. Again I can understand why a guy that knows someone with a civic would be confused.

You really need to go lrn2cars noob. Cause you obviously don't have the knowledge and it's best to stay out of that arena lest you want me to school you, like some dumbass ricer going up against a Lamborghini. ;)

As far as "not having to go to drozna or DS9" you mean the whole 4 people that are there at any time? Who would be more than happy to RP with you? LOLDabo.

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 02:48:20 PM »
Dude, honestly, I just drive 'em, man. Don't know what makes them go. Frankly, don't really care. They're just a means of conveyance to me. If I could teleport from point A to B, I'd rather do that instead. Don't know how many blades are in a throttlehousing, Don't know anyone who drives a civic, and up until you enlightened me, the only tornadoes I knew about were weather anomalies, and Zorro's horse. I'll consider myself schooled. If you say the airfoil makes your car go faster, fine. Back to my point, you spent 40 bucks on a 14 hp upgrade. Call it, what, 2.85 per horse. Why? Because you want to go fast. Like Ricky Bobby. Unless you're a race car driver, where winning pays your bills, from where I'm sitting, that's no more frivolous than the way I spent my 40 bucks. Right Kemosabe? Think about it. How do you even know you got 14 more horsepower. Did you perform some sort of before/after time trial or something? Also for the record, my beverage of choice is Sam Adams, always a good decision. Sometimes LeBatts. And I haven't played tabletop D+D in over 20 years.

:)

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 03:59:18 PM »
Just drew another one!

Offline Naevius

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 10:32:17 AM »
I think you can sell it for about 450 million.
<- Or, give it to a deserving cause...

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 03:54:24 PM »
I see that. I'd be curious to know if anyone in game actually has half a billion credits to buy the thing.

Offline Naevius

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 06:06:28 PM »
I remember Dirk or whoever in the 528th had billions from playing the exchange.