Author Topic: WOW just sent me 7 days of free time  (Read 3208 times)

Offline Mavairo

• Passion Incarnate
  • Officer
  • Did someone call for firepower?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: WOW just sent me 7 days of free time
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 07:25:39 AM »
Brain dead AI? It's an MMO. Please don't tell me that you think the Rift AI routines are superior on a tactical level. I played the game. When the badguys see you, they attack you untill dead. Same as in STO.

First see Kalin's post.

Second. I mean braindead as in not only are they totally stupid, but they aren't even a threat to your character. Not even 10 enemies. You just put weapons to full, balance shields and turn on autofire and win. Even on the highest difficulty.

At least the NPCS in RIFT even at low levels are actually capable of killing you, and require the use of your ability suite in order to kill them.

There is nothing even remotely heroic about facerolling the keyboard and winning with almost full health afterwards.

The short so very short time you played RIFT, I'm willing to bet not once did you deal with any of the world bosses, or run any instances.  Even the first instances which are Pug Friendly, need more skill than anything you'll find in STO.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:29:10 AM by Mavairo »

Offline mkilczewski

• Star Wars... BioWare... What the hell happened?
  • He's no good to me, dead...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 04:02:48 PM »
You're correct. I only faced the first end boss (Rat King?) on the good guy side. In all fairness though, I actually faced him 3 times, as two people actually ran up behind me and killed him twice, when I was trying to read the dialogue.
All this happened... more, or less.

Offline Kalin

• Forum Destroyer
  • Administrator
  • Build it up, tear it down
    • View Profile
    • Media Lounge
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 04:34:44 PM »
They're not good guys they're just non technical. Thats all I'm going to contribute, but you guys continue though as this makes my work day go faster!  lol...

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 10:30:21 PM »
Okay, the non-technical side then. My favorite non-technical quest was when I had to retrieve a dead non-technical guy's horse. It actually provided a brief respite from your standard "Chop down 10 trees, and bring me 10 logs" busywork that "Ascended" do when they're engaged in the business of saving worlds, and resetting the continuum, or whatever you're supposed to be doing in Rift.

Offline Kalin

• Forum Destroyer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Media Lounge
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 04:13:59 PM »
Or kill 5 whatever in Sto, then those otehr 5 whatever, then some 5 whatevers over there and oh whats that?  5 things that need to be killed.  Actually is there anything that doesn't involve kill 5 somethings, other then the STF which are kill 50 things?

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 03:29:09 PM »
Planetary investigations, Diplomacy missions, StarFleet/Klingon academy missions, Duty officer missions, Q's winter wonderland. What are you looking for here. Alright, I give up you guys are right. STO is the worst piece of steaming offal to be foisted on the MMO public at large. Not only should all of Cryptic's employees be hanged by the neck until dead, for releasing this abherrancy, but everyone in their families too. Rift is the greatest, most original, MMO that was ever created. I concede. (rofl)

Offline Naevius

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 07:04:22 PM »
Hey, we're not all anti STO here...I still think it's damn fun.

Offline Kalin

• Forum Destroyer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Media Lounge
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 09:05:08 AM »
Planetary investigations, Diplomacy missions, StarFleet/Klingon academy missions, Duty officer missions, Q's winter wonderland. What are you looking for here. Alright, I give up you guys are right. STO is the worst piece of steaming offal to be foisted on the MMO public at large. Not only should all of Cryptic's employees be hanged by the neck until dead, for releasing this abherrancy, but everyone in their families too. Rift is the greatest, most original, MMO that was ever created. I concede. (rofl)

I never said anything like that, but you are going way out to say how much Rift and WoW and partially Tor suck because the quests are monotonous; yet STO is by far the most monotonous game IMO.  It really seems that your issue stems from spaceships which is fine.  But I post something about a Rift content update and you repsond in that thread about a STO update and how great it is, I post that there is a 3DS system update and you post about how much Nintendo sucks, I post something in the Tor thread and you respond with something about STO.  Ok you LOVE STO more than any other game in the history of games + 72  message received, but if you don't want my opinion on it then you don't need to respond to all of my posts about how rifting, or toring or whatever sucks and you like shooting lasers.  I try to not mention other games in the threads for other games but sometimes comparisons are made but I'm not really sure if your messages are simply your opinion or if you're trying to get some sort of debate going or whatever  I don't really care; simply put if you're going to keep posting those comments as repsonses to other comments that have nothing to do with STO then you'll get a rebuttal.  :-\

Offline mkilczewski

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 02:39:15 PM »
Fair enough.