Author Topic: How to write articles for the site  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Kalin

• Forum Destroyer
  • Administrator
  • Build it up, tear it down
    • View Profile
    • Media Lounge
How to write articles for the site
« on: October 03, 2011, 06:13:31 PM »
First you need access to the article writer.  Global Mods and officers now have this, if you feel the need to flex your writing bone and you are not one of those membergroups, PM me and I set you up as an author.

Second, those with access will have a few new options on your user bar to the left of your screen.  HTML article is great, you can use the built in WYSIWYG editor and spell checker as well as image uploader to form your article.  The HTML article writer does not auto embed things like videos so you'd have to use embed links or the video icon might assist, haven't used it so I'm not sure.

BBC article doesn't have all the features of HTML but you write with it in the same way you make forum posts and it does auto embed media, so if I wanted to link a Youtube video I can use the URL from the browser, paste it and the site will take care of the rest.  The formatting on this function is broken... trying to fix it.

Written articles will come to me for editing before it gets posted live.  Once approved it will appear on the front page, will be searchable later and will be public domain (in the sense that it will be available to all to see).  When you write keep that in mind, you can express your peronality you don't hafve to censor yourself but it is a reflection of yourself to our visitors.

Promote it!  It's yours, take pride in it, share it with people, on facebook on twitter, if you think someone would be interested in it send them a link!

Oh yeah... articles should be based on media related things, whether it be games, technology, music, movies or what have you.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:19:10 PM by Kalin »