Author Topic: Secret World Preview(ish)  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Kalin

• Forum Destroyer
  • Administrator
  • Build it up, tear it down
    • View Profile
    • Media Lounge

Offline mkilczewski

• Star Wars... BioWare... What the hell happened?
  • He's no good to me, dead...
    • View Profile
Re: Secret World Preview(ish)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 07:08:01 PM »
Chaotic, Dragon? Noble, Templars? Conniving, Illuminatti? "It's like Xbox, only more hardcore." Really? So are lesbians created by Chaos, or is Chaos created by lesbians?  Obviously, Ragnar Torquist  over at Funcom thinks this is really dark, edgy, adult, stuff. It almost seems like a caricature, of a caricature, of an MMO. Seems the best that even the game's developers can say about it, is, well, "It's not a D&D clone, and it's got sex and swear words in it." Doesn't look that great, either. That Chinese, canoe trip down to Lake Lickasnatchie was more disturbing than Hot Coffee.

Pay attention to this part:

“With MMOs you can launch with less and build to more, without it being a big problem. We're not a Blizzard or a BioWare sort of company. We're a smaller, more independent studio. For us it's fine to start small and grow big. That's the plan.”

He says that the marketing people at Funcom are tracking the game higher than Age of Conan did pre-launch. “People feel the quality when they play the game. But we don't necessarily have the marketing budget of everyone else. We're trying to just see how it goes.”

They're just trying to "see how it goes"? Gotta do better than that, Ragnar. I'll pass.
All this happened... more, or less.

Offline Mavairo

• Passion Incarnate
  • Officer
  • Did someone call for firepower?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »
If you play sto (allegedly you do..but you're never on when I am and that's pretty damn frequently!), you have no right to talk about quality or what seems interesting :P

Personally I'm interested. Finally someone getting away from the stupid 3 talent tree system. The setting is definitely unique, and it's almost more sandbox than mmo from what I've seen so far.

Offline mkilczewski

• Star Wars... BioWare... What the hell happened?
  • He's no good to me, dead...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 12:04:41 PM »
Yea, good luck with that.
All this happened... more, or less.